Living deeply in Christ... June 12, 2015

 "As we keep his commands, we live deeply and surely in him, and he lives in us. And this is how we experience his deep and abiding presence in us: by the Spirit he gave us. "         1 John 3:24
A bee buzzes by the lock of brown hair, as we laze in the warmth of the sun. Too content and lazy to swat it away, we continue to lay there and take in the peacefulness of the day... Resting, assurance... comforting hands and arms that encircle the embodiment of my spirit. Your presence is felt strongly today and waves of abiding love wash over me --sealing this moment in time.  Continue to press me close, removing the insecurities of the future and strain of knowing all the answers. "Hush.. I am here... all will be well.
The grass is shooting up; the flower blooms -- brilliant and bold. The proclamation of summer surrounds and is beautiful to take in. Nature is awake...no more cold and dark, its sharp hues and thriving outerwear shout out, "I am alive!"  This awareness of life feeds parts of me that have been in hiatus and like cool water splashing down mountainsides, it is washing away, cleansing and restoring. Joy is bubbling up into being -- allowing any part of loss, anxiety and uncertainty to be released. 
Nature has a way of chiseling into these uncomely layers of compressed emotion. It steadily chips off the hardened, secret places of hurts and scars; the fears of tomorrow -- now exposed in the raw. 
I am thankful - so thankful for eyes to see -- ears to hear-- arms to embrace these symbols of your creation. How magnificent that You made all creation for my enjoyment - for exploring, inhaling. YOU made this for our pleasure --- the waterfalls cascading down mountainsides, sunsets over the desert, ocean's tide breaking on sand... releasing Your message of love and continuum. Take it in...all of this, this beauty, this solitude, this overwhelming sense of restoration, renewal ... yes, the change has begun in me..
                                 Ann Voskamp wrote in '1,000 Gifts': 
                                 "The miracle if the Eucharistio,
                                 Like the Last Supper is in the eating of the crumbs,
                                 The swallowing down one mouthful. 
                                 Do not disdain the small,
                                 The whole of life -- even the hard --is made up of minute parts, 
                                 And if I miss the infinitesimals, I miss the whole. 
                                 These are new language lessons, and I live them out. 
                                 There is a way to live the big of giving thanks in all things. 
                                 It is this: to give thanks in this one small thing. 
                                 The moments will add up. " 
So the small steps that began over a year ago, resulting in this longer journey have indeed shown how precious the small, the minute, the demi- moments of time are. Gratitude, blessings, love -- all make up the larger picture of life and again, of whom I have become.
"God, the one and only--
I'll wait as long as he says,
Everything I need comes from him,
so why not?
He's solid rock under my feet,
breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
I'm set for life."
Ps 62:1-2
Yesterday was a day for continued praise. The L-spine x-ray showed (above) that the fusion process in my L4 and L5 vertebrae are mending and no infection is seen. Fusion takes three to four months to be completed and the doctor (a fellow African from Libya) assured me that all is progressing nicely. Again, I am so thankful for uplifted prayers and continued affirmations of love. God is amazing! How He brings the church family together -- through various ways -- even using illness or hardship as a means to mesh and unite -- yes, "that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him..." is a true statement. 
As I await the final check up at the cancer clinic in Calgary, I am assured that the time is nearing for my return to Africa. God is good and I abide in His all knowing presence! He has not let me down in this journey --- but has been at my side showering me with persistence and courage to take the next step. Little by little -- healing and restoration are evident. 
                     Praise God, from Whom ALL blessings flow; 
            Praise Him, all creatures here below; 
          Praise Him above, ye heavenly host; 
         Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. 
Amen!
(Composed by L. Bourgeois, Arranger, J. Ashley Hall)








No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com