It is done! I stand in awe!



I want to testify for what the Lord has done in my life. Am astounded and captivated with God's immense power and goodness, for His unfailing love and faithfulness. My story is but a small preview of what He is capable of.


I go back to the time after my last round of chemotherapy was done, to October 28th last year (2018). Tests confirmed that there was no cancer in my body! Praise God! 

So, as soon as the oncology department gave the nod, the neurologist was able to set a date for back surgery. It was to be a spinal fusion on the L3-L4 vertebrae and he confirmed December 4th was to be the day. Everyone was amazed that it was put through so quickly! But, this lesson has been learned - when God opens the door for His will to be done, there is no resistance.


My strength was returning and the oncologist felt everything was moving in the right direction. A sense of peace overwhelmed my spirit and I prepared myself for the next step. I felt no fear as I was prepped for surgery, and was thankful once again for the presence of my husband. When I awoke, I felt immense pain and started to cry. Nurses quickly responded and pain killers were given, helping me to drift off again.

Upon waking, I felt better and was thankful. It seemed that some settling had taken place and my body was now relaxing. From that time onwards, I improved quickly and was out of the hospital in 2 days... again, another miracle. Of course recovery took a while – bedrest, no strain and efforts to get comfortable were a challenge. Stitches were removed 2 weeks later, and healing was well on its way. Pain that had been at a level of 8-9 (out of 10) now were around 3. What a relief! I cannot describe to you what living in constant pain is like – but, when it drops to a manageable level, it is a gift!

Christmas was a special time for us all. Realizing that the diagnosis from the beginning of the year had overturned. From being “non-operable with no hope of ever being in remission” to being cancer-free and having had not one surgery but two? And all this occurring within a span of 4 ½ months and recovering – what can be said? Only God could do something like this.


Waiting the 3 months until travel was allowed was not the easiest, but I am so grateful for those who prayed, encouraged and stood by the whole time. Our children were so loving and caring, that I get misty eyed whenever their faces dance through my thoughts and memory. My husband who tirelessly flew miles upon miles to come and go, keeping the ministry and teams going and balancing his time with me whenever he was needed. Our family who continued to stand with us – financially, encouraging us through prayer and presence. No adequate word of appreciation can ever express what this has meant to me. God enabled us to get through another challenging journey which has ended in victory. Victory that reflects God’s glory and power.


There is still one more hurdle to get through and it is the parathyroid which is over producing calcium. We met with the endocrinologist, and she recommends surgery. The extra calcium is being expelled and not being put to use, making my bones weak. I now have osteoporosis and need to have one, possibly two removed through surgery. The timeline to get in would most likely be four months, bringing us to July.


Again, all this we place in God’s hands and trust as He knows best. We wait to hear about the date.

There is nothing quite like ministry. It has been very good to return to it alongside my husband. Two weeks have gone by in a flash since our return, and somehow it feels like I’ve never been away. This passion for people and seeing them with hope – for tomorrow and eternity is something that will not tire me, no matter what trial has come by. The calling that was cast so long ago is still as strong as it ever was. 

This passage by Dominique Voillaume, reflects what I desire in my life. “All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If he wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is his concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that.”


I am so blessed to be part of the family of God. To know how it feels to be embraced and loved, to have experienced the strength in prayer, and to have seen committed individuals who walked the journey along with me in spirit. There is nothing quite like it - and I thank each one who was involved. This will be my last entry, and pray that cancer will be part of my past. Only God knows the future. Again, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com