Laying it down.... November 17, 2018

These past few weeks have been very busy! It is astonishing to me that there are so many different types of medical appointments, checks, tests, scans, and treatments, but when one is in this type of health journey they occur a lot and tends to fill up the calendar. 

The good news is that my chemotherapy treatments have come to an end and yes, I was able to ring the bell with joy! Am now in my last week of the recuperation cycle.
                                                    
      
Chemo Stand                                        Ringing the bell in the cancer clinic!

This week, a PET scan was taken, which is a nuclear medicine imaging test (using radiation) and a form of radioactive sugar to create 3D colour images to see how one's body cells are doing. A CT scan, which checks my chest, upper and lower abdomen to identify if any tumors, cysts, or infections still exist, was also done. I believe all these scans will come out clear!

I am so very thankful to the Lord who has brought me to this stage of final assessments with the oncology department. Next week on Wednesday, 21st November, my Oncologist will go through all the results from the scans and give their final diagnosis. I trust that God's glory will be seen through these results. 


Reflection on the different challenges that have been faced this year, is good for one's spirit. The daily activities and plans can marginalize the whole picture many times, clouding the magnitude of the miracle. But, when one steps back to review and reflect, it is clearly seen! God has moved mountains!  


From being told at the beginning of January, that I would probably never see another remission, that I had few odds in fighting it through; saying there was no possibility of operating on my liver due to the enormous amount of cancer there...and my CA125 blood count showing 7,300 - a massive amount of cancer activity in my body....to the present. That I am postoperative, post chemo and now standing at a CA125 count of 12 - this all proclaims God has been at work and still is! That I have been shown scans where there is no longer any sign of cancer in my abdomen, shows how astounding this year has been.



The doctors have done an amazing job and are very caring and kind; the chemotherapy has done its' work too - but, the physicians acknowledge the results are abnormal and are miraculous! God has been at work in all of this! I give Him honor and praise! "Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done." - I Chronicles 16:8

The process of laying it down has not been an easy process for me. I have doubted, struggled, questioned and had times of anger with God. But, He has never given up, abandoned, or left my side. He is faithful, loving, and full of compassion and grace. This is my testimony and I encourage those who may be in a hard place, struggling and full of doubt - to keep your eyes on Jesus. He is strong enough to bear our burdens, doubts and fears. He is full of love and cherishes us - His own creation. 

The future looks bright and as I wind up my cancer journey, I look at a new challenge of spinal surgery on December 4th. That I have a date booked is also no small feat and shows God's hand once again! I look to Him to guide in this next step - the neurosurgeon's hands, the restoration and strength of my body in preparation for the surgery, and the whole process of recovery. He alone knows me, prepares and covers my needs. So thankful God is able!


Again, I thank all those who have prayed, encouraged through various forms of media, and stood ground with me. Prayer warriors are certainly needed through these times, and God hears. My family and friends have gone above and beyond with their support. This is more than I would ever have expected -- for sure I feel loved. I am beyond thankful!

13 comments:

  1. We praise God with you and the miracle He has performed in your life. I am so thankful for the spirit you have portrayed and the reminder to us to surrender to His will,His love and all of who He is.
    Love you loads!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully proclaimed, Colleen! Sending hugs for the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is Good! May Jesus continue to pour out his love and blessings on your life as you are not finished yet. I will continue to lift you up in prayer as well as the rest of the family. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to you and praise to our good, good Father. Our AU nursing group is meeting tomorrow. We look forward to seeing you soon and reuniting in Uganda in April. We all continue to pray for you. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen your faith is amazing! You are such an inspiration to all! God bless the next steps for you and guide you in all the decisions for your family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - you are so sweet! Thank you for all you do! Hugs to you and Dr. Bill! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Colleen, your faith is amazing! You are such an inspiration to everyone! God bless the next plans and guide you in all the decisions for your family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We rejoice to hear a good report.
    Our Burundi congregation here in Iowa (Good News Church of God) look forward to meeting you. We have several moving forward with ordination.
    Sherman Critser was here a couple weeks ago and their faces lit up when he began speaking their native tongue.
    Godspeed and blessings for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Happy to hear of your progress! Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com