The finishing line approaches!

After waiting for some time, yesterday, a phone call from the head oncologist at Tom Baker Cancer Clinic gave me a shake up. The cancer biopsies after the surgery were all so positive and affirming that cancer was gone, and with that came much rejoicing. As the doctor spoke, she again reconfirmed that the tests results were rare indeed and let me know she celebrated that huge victory. But, then she went on to say the Board of Surgeons had sat on my case and felt it important that I have three more rounds, nine weeks, of chemotherapy. They felt that this would clear my body of any residue that might be still clinging on to an organ or tissue.
To tell you the truth my heart sank, and I became quite emotional about the continuation of this toxic drug, which has been a challenge and a blessing. Once the message sank in, I could start asking questions like, "When do I start?" "Will I need more blood work?" "Will this help in making sure cancer doesn't return?" My mind was whirling with thoughts.... 

Patiently she explained they wanted me to begin as soon as possible. The date selected is September 17th, using the same system and chemicals they did last time. This concoction gave the greatest results and she felt it would do the same again. I will need to get blood work done, see a doctor to confirm my counts are up to taking the chemo 'kick' and beginning the process once again.
In all of this, I again look to Christ who has led me through this journey - step by step. I lean on His strength and courage to give the Grace that is necessary to take on the fight to the end. I ask for your prayers for my body strength and stamina - that it can withstand the harshness of the drugs and keep going. The time is not long, but it does take its toll. In all of this - it is about Jesus, my Redeemer and Saviour. "But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" I Corinthians 15:57
May my witness in the hospitals, clinics, labs, chemo ward, or wherever, be ever worthy of Christ's constant love for me. He gives the strength for each moment and day! Praise Him! 

This song has really touched my heart, and would love to share it with you. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanking the Lord for answering the many prayers on your behalf. God bless all. Love & Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continue to pray and want you to know that you are so loved....even if by humans. The song is heart and soul-touching, for sure. Thank you for sharing it. Love and hugs, Laurie Z (Sears Church of God / Uganda Lover)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We believe in prayers and still pray for healing rain to Fall on you madam colleen. God is with you side by side in this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very sorry for the disappointment you feel. I regret that you must go through this again and I will be praying. It sounds like you have a good team of medical staff and even better, we know you have the almighty on your side. God bless you and all your family, we know you are all going through this together. What a blessing to have them! Love all of you so much!

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com