Your design and purpose.... August 17, 2014

This past week has been one of the hardest yet, in terms of testing my positive feelings about this whole journey. It has taken longer to bounce back and feel energized, and for balance to take its' place in my system. Yesterday, especially was difficult.  Feelings of spiritual warfare taking place -- in and around our family, affects one internally and externally -- in an extreme way. One contemplates many thoughts, feelings, and emotions as to why all this is happening. But, a still, small voice prompted to proceed with prayer, as it is the weapon needed to fight. And prayer it has been... as Oswald Chambers said, "Prayer does not fit us for the greater works; prayer is the greater work... prayer is the battle."


Today has been more settled and calm, and in my readings, it stated: "Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes." (Jesus Calling) 

That is the truth. How many hours, days, does one struggle, wishing for alternative options? Trusting in God for HIs design and purpose is like Peter deciding to take a walk on the water...definitely not easy, and very challenging. But, one step at a time, takes us further to our goal.

Wednesday chemotherapy went well, and though the venue has changed, not much else has; only the aftermath was difficult this week. Lagging, listless, and lethargic were post-treatment reactions, leaving me with no desire to be active. Pushing forward, I did manage a couple of outings which were very good for the soul. It is no wonder that there is a deep need for company, family, and friends to boost the body and spirit to go forward. Such amazing people in my life....for which I continually thank God.  


Today, I feel like the lady who knelt at the hem of Jesus' robe. Crowded thoughts and queries swirl around in my head. I know that touching Him will revive and repair, and that is my hearts' desire at this moment. For His healing hands to touch me and correct all the parts that need restoration -- from my crown to my soles. Your strength, power, and joy are what I need to keep me on this road full of twists and turns. Courage to start and end the day in thankfulness.  All the blessings you have prepared around me, I receive with a grateful heart. You alone are worthy of my praise and worship! 


As a new week begins, I am in expectation of what it brings. New days full of promise and adventure, anticipation, and delight in discoveries that abound in life itself. When I look out, beyond, and above -- I then forget my minute, trifle, sorry situation and bask in the majesty of Christ! 

"Then I heard every creature in Heaven and earth,
in underworld and sea, join in,
all voices in all places, singing:
To the One on the Throne!
To the Lamb!
The blessing, the honor, the glory, the strength,
For age after age after age."  Revelations 5:13 

3 comments:

  1. You have had a rough week,but " though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will NOT be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed" says the Lord who has compassion on you. Isa 54:10 NIV God has your real good at heart - He loves you soo much. . Scripture seems to constantly unfold to us new and richer conceptions of truth - as we are able to bear it. As we continue to Praise Him He will continue to be in those Praises and do His work without hindrance . Sorry now I am preaching :) love you,
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an encouragement! Our prayers are with you constantly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Colleen,
    reading your thoughts is a deep encouragement and inspiration to me. Thank you for taking the time and energy to write them down for us to read.
    Praying for you and your family ~

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com