This is the time for me to be here... September 4, 2014

Knowing where one is heading, when embarking on a journey is critical to the success of arrival. Yet, some get lost on the way, distracted by rutted roads, pedestrians, and interesting views. 

This road I travel, has now reached 1/3rd of the way -- with a glimmer, a mirage of the finishing line ahead. The distractions are many -- some of them helpful and encouraging, while others discourage and waste time. 

Extra baggage weighs me down, trials -- harsh and hurtful. But, mostly there is a light feeling, under the support and encouragement from those on the sidelines cheering me on to the end. When weariness sets in, there are steady hands, arms, shoulders, to prop me up. Refreshing drinks, energy boosters, and a cool cloth to make it all better. 

Thank you so much for praying, encouraging, and letting me know you care! It is so empowering and uplifting! It makes this time much easier to bear. 

Being away from Uganda, my partner, many colleagues and friends, has not been the easiest of times -- this is the work God has called us to! It is our passion! Many days there are thoughts, restless energy, the wishing I was there...sharing, visiting, listening, planning, counselling, etc; 

BUT, God knows...He knows why. This moment in time is for me to be here, present. And here I will be, until that time comes of release. The perfect time for me -- 'Kairos'.

Viktor Frankl quotes in his book "Man's Search for Meaning":

"Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life;
everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfilment.
Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. 
Thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.

I am learning much about myself -- the deeper, inner self. I have observed, examined, and thought about -- fruits, and roots. What types of fruits am I producing? Are they sweet, bitter, inedible? My roots - are they grounded in good, healthy, nutrient-based soil? Will I withstand strong storms, or extreme heat? 


Life is full of moments, when we search and seek; desiring to know more about oneself, one's mission, or spiritual direction. This week has confirmed many things. I am loved! My compass is set! I am not alone! I am grounded in good soil, and fruits are maturing within my life and ministry. 


"My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7 The Message

As my C125 test lowers (sign of cancer in the system -- now at 8!) and the days go by, I am assured that God's hand is covering my life. I am blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your words... Reading this post was so special and encouarging to me, taking away pressure and worrying about where I should be right now or to what point I should get to fast - I feel more assured that God is around me and I can just be, on a journey. Thank you for writing.
    Praying for you and everyone connected to you. Many heartfelt greetings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colleen - continue in prayer and strength in knowing He has eyes and arms - He sees and He holds. Love you

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com