Sand trickles through our hands... November 10, 2014




The feel of the sand between my toes, swirling, frothing, lapping... is one I love.... Walking the beach, and listening to the ocean sounds of the wind, the seagulls, and the pounding of the surf bring to the surface emotions that can stay hidden deep within the soul.

As turbulent as the sea, our minds and hearts can mesh and erupt with joys and sorrows... all unearthed by the majesty of the waves, and the constant flow of the tide -- coming in and out, in and out.....it brings tears to my eyes, and my chest breathes in the saltiness and beauty of nature once again. 


O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him. Ps. 34:8

The steadiness of God's love, and His goodness to me as I have traveled this road in the last few months, once again covers me like a protective mantel. Who am I to be loved like this? To have been so gently carried in His loving arms, to the present time -- where I see before me such HOPE, LOVE, and PROMISE? Complex, yet simple in His unfolding blueprint for my life. The Master planner's efficiency and skillful design lays open, transparent and yet hidden from humanity.

If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. Ps. 137:9-10


This past week, I was able to attend the Women's Convention in Florida, and spend time with women from all over the Americas. Not only that, but being reunited with five African women from Kenya and Uganda, was the highlight! Seeing the Atlantic Ocean and being on American soil for the first was something they never believed would be possible. God in His goodness, granted favor, answering prayers many times over. Gazing out at the ocean, experiencing the vastness of His majesty, sisterhood that transcends continents, and fellowship all encompassing -- is truly God-ordained.



More than amazed, by His goodness and love, His outpouring of blessings for those who attended was a surrounding gentle spirit -- the Holy Spirit. Uniting, lifting, and merging us into the body of Christ -- the sweet intimacy of communion.

The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? I Cor.10:16
Visiting with old friends, catching up on lives; the richness of true friendship which is bonded in experiences of pain, sorrow and joy. Experiences have changed, grown and matured us, but in many ways we have remained the same. I lift my hands to You, the one who like the tide, is constant, faithful and boundless. Day after day, year after year, you do not waver from my side, but guide, encourage and steer me as I travel this journey of faith. Thank You! Back on Canadian soil, I prepared for my weekly session at the clinic, and learned that I would be taking on the big dose of chemotherapy. That meant, I skipped a week, rather than postponed the week I was away. So, in essence completion of these treatments occur in two more visits. WOW! Is this really possible? Chemotherapy will conclude then, on the 19th November -- this month! AMAZING!! I am so excited, and see God's Hand extending graciousness on my life. I praise Him in ALL things -- through good and bad, trials and victories. He knows what is best for me. Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thess. 5:18



































6 comments:

  1. WOW Praise the Lord ! God is so amazing, can't express our thanksgiving to the Lord for how His presence and the Holy Spirit has been with you through it all. But this shows that when the Saints band together and pray great things do and can happen. You have stood strong, have passed a tough test and we admire your fortitude and patience. There is no better place but in the hands of our creature. You have blessed us once more, Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, we have never met face to face though we will beyond time after the clocks stop ticking down here. Hubby Duane, and I, know Sid and Ellen H.. Ellen's brother Earl is our Sunday morning Bible teacher in Sarasota Florida, and we dearly love him, and them. This is just to say we have occasionally prayed for you since Ellen H.'s request many months ago. How thrilling it is to hear how our Heavenly Father is sustaining you and answering the prayers of many of His children.
    This is my first time (and last) to write anything on a blog to anyone, but because of your connection to E. & S. I wanted you to know that this blog (I just don't 'blog' too busy) is a first to read for me, and I found it both moving and enriching to my spirit. I just couldn't help but say; "thank you" when I finished - May God continually bless your spirit and soul as it is revealed on this site; until the day of Jesus Christ, our Lord, when we are raised in and by Him. Praise His name forever. Amen. E. M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Colleen,
    You do not know me, but I know you through my Mom, Karen Duncalfe. She was the one that got me started on reading your blog and it has been a such an encouragement to me. We just found out this week that my Mom has been diagnosed with cancer and she will be facing the long road ahead. The outlook right now is bleak and we are praying for a miracle! We would sure appreciate your prayers and the prayers of your Mom and Dad (who my parents still speak of fondly). We are praying the Lors is with you as you finish up your treatments.
    God bless you a your family... And thanks for your encouraging blog, what a testimony! Merlamae (Duncalfe) Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merlamae,
    Know that I will be praying for your mom -- she is a special lady. God is faithful and is with us during these times of hardship. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merl amaze could we please get your Moms email address, we are already praying for Karen, she is one special lady and we love her so much!
    Stanley and Marion Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman!
    I know my Mom would love to hear from you folks, you have always been spoken of very highly by both of my parents!
    Mom's e-mail is: duncalf1@gmail.com
    Yes, the Duncalfe is without an "e". :)
    I will let her know that she should look for an e-mail from you folks, otherwise she may think it is spam :)
    Thank you for your prayers and concern. I have been reading Colleen's blog tonight with a heavy heart and have found such encouragent in her words. Mom starts chemo tomorrow and I know she is very apprehensive. We all are.
    Lord bless you all, Merla Hooper (Duncalfe)

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com