Living in His Presence - February 27, 2015

This past while has been an interesting time of learning to wait and lean some more... waiting to hear from the spine surgeon, waiting to know when I can return to Africa, and leaning hard onto those arms that are strong and comforting. I continue to hold firmly to Your promises and live in Your presence where assurance is and where You gently lead me forward.

Deuteronomy 10:12-14 | MSG
12 So now Israel, what do you think God expects from you? Just this: Live in his presence in holy reverence, follow the road he sets out for you, love him, serve God, your God, with everything you have in you, 13 obey the commandments and regulations of God that I’m commanding you today—live a good life.14 Look around you: Everything you see is God’s—the heavens above and beyond, the Earth, and everything on it.


As this day closes, I again seek answers -- continue to question the delays and struggle with the process of recovery... it should be going according to MY plans and MY will, shouldn't it? But, again God clearly speaks --

"Do not give into fear or worry, those robbers of abundant living " 
fix your eyes on Me , the Author and Perfecter of your faith, 
and the difficulties will vanish before you reach them"
remember that I am holding you by your right hand. 
Nothing can separate you from My Presence."
Heb. 12:2 

Yes, it is true -- the difficulties will vanish and He is holding me with His right hand. It is my human eyes and doubting heart that complicate this all and make it harder to bear. Help me to "Walk by faith and not by sight!" 2 Cor 5:7



As I read Jesus Calling it affirms what I already know, but need to hear over and over -- "Come to Me, with your gaping emptiness, knowing that in Me you are complete. As you rest quietly in My Presence, My LIght within you grows brighter and brighter. Facing the emptiness inside you is simply the prelude to being filled with My fullness." 

That is it - Fill me with your fullness, your completeness and your trust. You have all the plans for me and what I need to do is -- Live in Your Presence!

 

Trusting You! That is what it is all about... Even the Israelites roamed in the wilderness for all those years -- full of confusion, disillusionment, lacking in trust -- and You never gave up on them. You do so much and still I lack in my complete trust... that You love me with an everlasting love and want the BEST for me. Trust is abandonment of my agenda -- trust is totally and fully about YOU and YOUR will for my life! "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love." Jer. 31:3


Trust grows intimacy and that is my desire... to have such closeness, such conviction of this continual feeling of living in your Presence every minute of every day. Draw me in, keep me within reach... and let your comfort, love, peace, and joy soak into my life! Transform this shell of a body into completeness which only the richness of Spirit can give. 


As I continue waiting for answers, may I live as a true example of what joy is. Lighten my burdens and keep me focused on ALL You have done for me -- a presentation of abundant and glorious healing and extended life -- completeness. I praise You, for You are the same yesterday, today and forever! You NEVER change... it is I who changes and clings to past days. In this new day which is slowly creeping by and emerging from long shadows, may I re-dedicate myself to You in spirit and body. They are yours anyways.... and why I try to keep pulling them back into my plain sinful self, I do not know. To You be honor and glory for ever.


1 comment:

  1. Waiting has never come easy for any of us. We like to do, but sometimes He just wants us to be bathed in His Presence, just worshiping Him and Praising Him - resting in His love and care and allowing the Holy Spirit teach and comfort us.. Praise God for you comments. This too shall pass. Love you so much ! mh

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com