It's been a year....reflections March 29, 2015




As I ponder on the year that has gone by since I was diagnosed with cancer, I have witnessed God's absolute faithfulness and steadfastness as the journey unfolded. So many differences, changes, and acts of surrender have been part of life -- just as seasons reveal their budding and shedding. There must be a pruning of those ugly, unnecessary dried up parts in order for new growth to occur and that part is necessary and painful. 
"I am the Real Vine and my Father is the Farmer. He cuts off every branch of me that doesn't bear grapes. And every branch that is grape-bearing he prunes back so it will bear even more. You are already pruned back by the message I have spoken. Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you." John 15:1-4 MSG


The process though unpleasant, strengthens and builds the body/core, while the spirit is conscious of the deep fellowship blossoming with Christ. During this interval of illness, there was a communing and craving for His union deep within, and the understanding that His hand would always be in mine. No matter what! He promised "that He would never leave me nor forsake me" and He does not betray His word. Thanks and praises raise to You, O Lord.
O yes, disappointments come and go, as sure as the tide on the beach, and the desire that this time of continual surrender would be over. But, again --  The waiting... the waiting... is a reminder that I need to trust His timing and KNOW that He does know what is best for me.Trust! Patience, My child. 



"Yes, indeed -- God is my salvation. 
I trust, I won't be afraid. 
God--yes GOD! --is my strength and song,
Best of all, my salvation!"


The desire of knowing You better and growing in understanding of Your will is my constant goal. For it is from You that all blessings flow....
A year ago, I did not know that I would live to see this year unfold, and am so grateful that 2015 is well underway. Excitement is within -- of finding out the followup results of the CT and PET scans taken this week and the appointment with the neurosurgeon on the horizon (April 7th now) that will answer questions of the back and leg pain that has been a roadblock to making return plans to Uganda.


This time of year is remarkable due to the melting of the snow, planting plans, anticipation of new growth -- from crocuses to baby lambs. Deep within my soul there is a stirring of newness, change, rebirth and anticipation for what is to come. Restoration is on its way, not partial but complete... for with God nothing is halfway. Just as it was when He sent His only Son to die for all sins.... cleansing, complete, and absolute -- rising on the third day to LIVE -- in us and for us. How amazing is that? 


I wish a joyful Easter to you! Enjoy each day as it unravels, unfurls, and presents all the opportunities for happiness and love! Today, we sang this song and it was such a blessing, I just want to share a few of the lyrics --

"No One Higher 
Our Father Creator You mold our hearts together 
There's no one higher than You Redeemer 
Defender our great and mighty Savior 


There's no one higher than You.

You are always with us 
gracious to forgive us 
By Your power we've been set free

And Lord we stand amazed in Your presence 
Astounded by Your mercy and love 
Our hands are lifted high in surrender 
Your grace for me is always enough 

And there is no one higher than our God 
There is no one higher than You 
Let my life forever praise the glory of Your name 
There is no one higher than You."

CCLI Song # 6543666 Heath Balltzglier | Seth Condrey | 
Steve Fee © 2012 Levi Bear Music (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing)














1 comment:

  1. We've followed your journey from the beginning. Your faith is amazing and an example to us. Our trip to Uganda has been postponed for this year. We're disappointed we won't be able to see everyone, especially you and Tim.

    May God continue to bless you,

    Judy and Jerry

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com